Natural Herbs For Acne Treatments
There are some alternative herbs that have been used to treat acne. The most common ones are burdock, yellow dock, dandelion root, and red clover. These herbs work to purify the bloodstream of toxins by improving liver function. If your liver is not functioning properly you get acne. Therefore thee most effective herbs for acne treatment are herbs that strengthen liver function.
The herbs that do best to treat acne are :-
At last, the truth will be exposed so that you can Cure Your Acne Condition Naturally and get your Confidence back - from the comfort of your own home.
- Burdock: It is a potent blood purifier. It works by stimulating liver function. It is often recommended for dry, scaly skin. You can take burdock in capsule form (follow the directions) or make a acne fighting tea. Steep a teaspoon of burdock in one cup of boiling water. Drink 1 to 3 cups a day for 1 to 2 weeks before your period if acne is related to your menstrual cycle. Continue for 3 months to 1 year, until the symptoms subside. This suggestion comes from herbalist Amanda McQuade. Or you can use a burdock tincture for acne. Use a total of one teaspoon of the tincture diluted in 8 ounces of water 3 times a day. It may take 3 months to 1 year to make a permanent improvement.
- Basil (Tulsi) : Due to its phenomenal medicinal effect on all systems of the human body, basil is worshipped in oriental culture as the purest and most sublime plant.
- One controlled trial found that guggul (Commiphora mukul) compared favorably to tetracycline in the treatment of cystic acne. 17 The amount of guggul extract taken in the trial was 500 mg twice per day.
- Yellow Dock: It works by stimulating bile and gallbladder function and is also a blood purifier. (Oh so important for acne treatment).
- Neem has been used for treating all sorts of skin problems for centuries. It contains Nimbidol and Gedunin which have excellent fungicidal properties. Neem has proved to be beneficial in skin disorders such as warts, scabies, psoriasis, eczema, and even dandruff. It is extremely effective in acne treatment.
- Dandelion Root: This herb is a digestive aid and yet another powerful liver tonic. It is recommended that dandelion should be used for 4 to 6 weeks at a time. For it's liver benefits dandelion is supposedly helpful for acne.
- Sandalwood is a uniquely Indian plant that has an extraordinary fragrance. The bark of the sandalwood tree is extremely smooth and sandal paste is applied on the body to impart an extremely smooth, unblemished and lustrous look to the skin .
- Red clover is an herb suggested for chronic conditions affecting the skin. It is a diuretic, but it's unknown exactly how it works for skin conditions. Use non-fermented red clover which is safe. Red clover contains a substance called genistein, which has anticancer properties.
- Oregon Grape: It is an effective liver protector.
A fifteen-year acne sufferer Chris Gibson, will show you how he cured it in days, and threw away ALL of my medication and over-the-counter drugs! (Read More)